ALOHAS is more than a fashion brand: it’s a responsible shopping experience and a chance to participate in the fight against overproduction in fashion.
Working at ALOHAS is being part of the innovation and growth of a Spanish start-up with a young, creative and proactive team, good communication and a high level of energy! It’s demanding but extremely rewarding due to an environment where we take pride in learning from one another and strive to make sustainability a way of life beyond the workplace.
In a nutshell, we love what we do and it shows! 😀
Directly reporting to the CFO, s/he will design and maintain the controlling and reporting system in collaboration with other departments, mainly with Accounting, Operations, Marketing and People.
She/He will be responsible for the controlling and reporting activities for some specific markets and will be responsible for some cross markets’ functions.
The Controller must review the monthly and yearly closings, understanding the business, analyzing deviations with budget and previous year and work very close to the business. Her/his role will be key to ensure the accuracy and quality of the accounting closings, working very close with the Chief Financial Officer.
She/he will also be responsible or a key member for other relevant finance projects including preparation of budget, business plans, internal control projects and other ad-hoc analysis that might be required by the CFO.
- Preparation and consolidation of monthly management accounts
- Responsible for the general ledger
- Provide insight and analysis to CFO and Board
- Analyze business units to identify trends
- Point of contact for all financial and control matters
- Work with the CFO with strategic decisions
- Liaise cross-functionally and with senior stakeholders across Group
- Coordinate delivery of AP and AR activities
- Statutory audit responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to the finance team
- Process improvement and change management
YOU WILL ROCK AT THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable accounting education
- Minimum 3 years in Accounting or Audit firm (Big 4 preferably), plus 1-2 years of experience in controlling or equivalent position
- Experience in performing analysis and reporting figures to Directors
- IFRS knowledge
- ERPs knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Excel mainly)
- Fluency written and spoken Spanish, English is a must
- Experience in the startup industry is helpful, but not essential
BENEFITS of being part of ALOHAS
- Culture of freedom, diversity & inclusion, and responsibility ✨
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine! ⏰
- Discounts: You will have special discounts 💯 and we do not forget your family and friends either!
- Office: In the heart of Barcelona, in the Gracia neighborhood, where we take care of coffee ☕ and fruit 🍎
- Work remotely: live and work wherever you want 🌍 within the CET time zone!
- Home office setup: You will get a laptop + electronic devices like a keyboard, mouse, and second screen 💻
- Keep learning with ALOHAS 🎓 We offer English courses to our employees, more languages coming soon!
- We take care of your happiness 🌈 and professional growth with constructive feedback 💪
- After-work events in Barcelona and Madrid every month 🎉
Ready for the challenge?🚀
Want to know more?Video Presentation
Apply to work with us:careers.alohas.io
Our website:alohas.io/ IG: @alohas