ALOHAS is a Barcelona-based fashion-forward brand that prides itself on its on-demand production system. We encourage sustainable shopping by launching weekly capsules in which items are only produced after orders are placed. This way, we can bring you the latest trends without harming the planet.
WORKING WITH US:
ALOHAS is more than a fashion brand: it’s a responsible shopping experience and a chance to participate in the fight against overproduction in fashion. Working at ALOHAS is demanding but extremely rewarding. It’s an environment where we take pride in learning from one another and strive to make sustainability a way of life beyond the workplace. In a nutshell, we love what we do and it shows!
ABOUT THE JOB:
As footwear production and quality manager you will be responsible for managing the production timelines across all business channels, controlling costs and margin. Assessing manufacturers accuracy, speed to market and communicating Alohas needs to deliver outstanding products which will excite the customer and drive business growth.
The Production and Quality Manager will be reporting directly to the COO.
- Constantly review sources with regards to performance, and develop new sources as needed and in accordance with global market trends. Proactively assess risk and opportunities, and make changes as needed.
- Responsible for management of production coordinator; including monitoring performance, training, providing motivation, and constructive feedback.
- Oversee the time & action approval process to anticipate and potential quality or delivery concerns
- Create opportunities with Design and Product Development to engineer product cost while ensuring quality and maintaining design intent. Provide the team with all cost targets and aligned on seasonal cost and allocation strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with Design, Supply Chain Management and Product Development to lead brand growth strategies.
- Manage internal teams’ calendar to ensure all deadlines and key deliverables are met.
- Create the production calendar and support the milestone calendar creation and updates.
- Responsible for overseeing production schedules and making sure PO’s are meeting ex-factory dates.
- Mentor, coach and develop a career path for direct reports.
- Responsible for overseeing the shipping, import of goods with third party vendors.
- Validate footwear quality issues when identified, working with account managers, design and Quality Assurance Inspectors.
- Identify and investigate quality issues with product development and make recommendations regarding resolutions to the issues.
- Update Quality Issue Resolution (QIR) tracker regarding validity of quality claim, remediation, and resolution in a timely manner.
- Validate claims and work with stakeholders, regarding the remediation of product claims with validated quality issues.
- Lead quality review meetings and publish reports with the brands on a predetermined cadence to ensure information is shared; quality issues are addressed and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Plan teams’ capacity and identify opportunities for processes ‘improvement and additional resources
- Reporting as needed: Production progress, delivery status, cost analysis and vendor assessments, quality audits, quality indicators
- Establish and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) to ensure full visibility and pulse on evolving business needs.
- Establish and maintain monthly KPI reviews with all vendors.
- Ensure vendors adhere to contractual SLA obligations and hold accountable where shortfalls exist.
- Work with 3PL’s and Carriers to ensure customer orders depart with enough lead-time to deliver on time & in full.
- Monitor 3PL and Carrier performance and resolve/improve where necessary.
- Communicate internally to ensure Customers are aware of any shortages or delays.
- Ensure 3PL’s comply with all necessary requirements for order pack-out and kit builds.
- Tracking shipments as needed
- 8 + years minimum experience in Footwear production or manufacturing
- An understanding of footwear construction as well as technical knowledge of production is a must
- Excellent understanding of the footwear product life cycle
- Experience with sourcing footwear both through agents and direct-to-factory
- Experience with quality assurance procedures
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Extensive Knowledge of Global Manufacturing
- Detail-minded, hardworking and willing to take up challenges with an innovative mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills, strong sense of team spirit and responsibility
- Ability to visit a buying office or factory and access whether the facility has the necessary infrastructure and is capable of handling the Company's quality and production needs
- Knowledge of raw material development and sourcing
- A people leader and experience with managing a team
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation. English and Spanish.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail and execution focus.
- Ability to work individually, within a cross-functional team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
BENEFITS AT ALOHAS:
- Spanish start-up: be part of innovation and grow with us!
- Our team: Young, creative and proactive team, with good communication and a high level of energy!
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine!
- Discounts: Our team has special discounts and we do not forget their friends either!
- Office: In the heart of Barcelona, in the Gracia neighbourhood where we take care of coffee and fruit
- Work remotely: live and work wherever you want within the CET time zone!
- Keep learning with ALOHAS: We offer English courses to our employees, more languages coming soon!
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + electronic devices like a keyboard, mouse, and screen
- We take care of the happiness and the professional growth of our workers.