ALOHAS is a Barcelona-based fashion-forward brand that prides itself on its on-demand production system. We encourage sustainable shopping by launching weekly capsules in which items are only produced after orders are placed. This way, we can bring you the latest trends without harming the planet.
WORKING WITH US:
ALOHAS is more than a fashion brand: it’s a responsible shopping experience and a chance to participate in the fight against overproduction in fashion. Working at ALOHAS is demanding but extremely rewarding. It’s an environment where we take pride in learning from one another and strive to make sustainability a way of life beyond the workplace. In a nutshell, we love what we do and it shows!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Chief of Staff to the CEO is a very talented individual who serves as a trusted advisor and confidant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for up to 36 months. The Chief of Staff to the CEO and the CEO work closely together to get twice as much done as the CEO would be able to do alone. Over time the work will get more interesting culminating in a senior leadership position at ALOHAS or another company. This is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of a fast-growing unicorn at the CEO level. For more context see the references at the end of this page.
The responsibilities include both directed work that will mostly be triggered by a direction from the CEO as well as leadership work that is self-directed. Over the course of a rotation, the mix will shift from majority-directed work to majority leadership work.
Create investor updates, pitch decks, speeches, conference submissions, and presentations on behalf of the CEO.
Suggest changes to processes via the handbook based on discussions during meetings or from the CEO and address any comments on them. The CEO shadows will keep doing the majority of these.
Draft blog posts and articles out of recorded meetings and handbook content.
Ensure upcoming meetings are relevant and well structured, and that the preparation is complete and correct.
Ensure action points coming out of meetings (i.e. executive, OKR, key, or incident meetings) are implemented.
Reinforce communication guidelines.
Prep for the CEO Group Conversations
Moderate the e-group meetings.
Keep this job family up-to-date.
Initiate and guide the OKR process according to the OKR schedule
Identify opportunities to acknowledge success and ensure that they are appropriately recognized by the CEO.
Review OKR suggestions during the scheduled OKR meetings and outside of the meetings.
Own agenda for the E-group offsite.
Serve as a proxy for the CEO by attending meetings in place of the CEO and making decisions on the CEO's behalf.
Chief of Staff to the CEO will participate in every E-group meeting. The person will not be an executive or part of the e-group.
Act as the communication arm for the CEO with team members, clients, investors, community members, and other stakeholders.
Act as a sounding board to the CEO for new ideas and initiatives.
Prepare ahead of formal and informal Board meetings. Ensure CEO has up-to-date information from every function in advance of questions from the board.
Run special projects that are urgent and important, for example building a company-wide compensation model.
Lead all many-function efforts
- Capacity to become a senior leader at ALOHAS.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new things.
- Concise written and verbal communication.
- Structured about how to prioritize work and time.
- Able to make a clear business case for proposals.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Proven success in project coordination and reporting.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior stakeholders on cross-functional projects.
- Experience leading a team.
- 4+ years combined experience in:- Senior operating role at a significant fast-growing startup - Strategy consulting or Venture capital.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Operational experience in a previous role
Rotation is 24 to 36 months with the following tentative schedule:
- 2-3 months of onboarding,
- 18 months of execution,
- 1 - 4 months of recruiting your replacement and waiting for them to start,
- 2 - 3 months of onboarding your replacement and interviewing at ALOHAS for senior leadership positions.
BENEFITS AT ALOHAS:
- Spanish start-up: be part of innovation and grow with us!
- Our team: Young, creative and proactive team, with good communication and a high energy level!
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine!
- Discounts: Our team has special discounts and we do not forget their friends either!
- Office: In the heart of Barcelona, in the Gracia neighborhood where we take care of coffee and fruit
- Work remotely: live and work wherever you want within the CET time zone!
- Keep learning with ALOHAS: We offer English courses to our employees, and more languages coming soon!
- Home office setup: Get a laptop + electronic devices like a keyboard, mouse, and screen
- We take care of the happiness and the professional growth of our workers.